About Me

My photo
My name is Robin. This is me. I'm 51 now - 5 years after I started this blog. I am an adoptive mom In an open non monogamous marriage, and enjoy my sex life more than I did at 25! Post menopausal - on bioidentical hormone therapy, Have had 2 plastic surgeries that I feel totally unapologetic about, Have lost 30 pounds and am more fit and healthy than I have ever been. I'm constantly in search of spiritual, health, and personal development. I want to share and learn from other women, I want to have fun, I want to talk about all the things that are embarrassing and that women of a certain age shouldn't talk about - yea right! I want to dress like a rock star, wear crazy makeup and be totally age INAPPROPRIATE. I want to do what it takes to look and feel energetic and young and I'm not ashamed of that. I'll work out, I'll eat right, I'll take supplements and hormones and I'll get plastic surgery, wear makeup and wear a the sexiest most smokin hot lingerie I can find So tune in if you want to see more - check your assumptions of who a 50 year old woman is at the fucking door - because this is not that blog!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The summer of the Baby




Yes, it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Anyway, I'm sure no one is checking this ol blog anymore since I never write. Well I don't have much computer time anymore! The free time I do have is spent trying to keep the house clean, getting out on the town with my 2 boys and if I have time after that I try to get a few stitches in on the side. Kenji is a dream come true! Right now he is smiling and he loves looking at Brian and I. His favorite thing is for us to talk and talk and talk to him. He loves it when I tell him stories in a very animated voice, he just is so interested! It is hilarious and so cute. He is also sleeping all the way through the night now, at only 2 months old! I am so happy! I am not really looking forward to going back to work in 3 weeks.
I should have a lot of pictures to post soon because Brian and I are attending an all night camping wedding next weekend. Our good friends Erin and James are gettin hitched! Yay!We will not be staying all night even though Donette is babysitting all night. I figured we should try to get home and get a little rest because Kenji will be up early and wanting a bottle. Ahhhhh the life of a parent, so different, but I can hardly even remember what it was like before.
I am really looking forward to fall. I love fall and I think the next months will be a lot of fun. Up until January through March, those months suck. In December it will be one year since we started on our adoption journey. We have been so lucky, I remember last Christmas I prayed that by the next Christmas we would be coming home with a family addition and it has happened.
But being a parent is not all that easy and not always fun, I would be lying if I said it was always great. I have been more tired than I have ever been in my life. REALLY! But Kenji is so worth it.
Pics of Kenji the Kawaii:

2 comments:

  1. I'm still following along thanks to Google Reader. Yeah for parenthood, but yes, it can be exhausting as well as thrilling. It gets better and better at least my 3.5 years has so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still check your blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete