About Me

My photo
My name is Robin. This is me. I'm 51 now - 5 years after I started this blog. I am an adoptive mom In an open non monogamous marriage, and enjoy my sex life more than I did at 25! Post menopausal - on bioidentical hormone therapy, Have had 2 plastic surgeries that I feel totally unapologetic about, Have lost 30 pounds and am more fit and healthy than I have ever been. I'm constantly in search of spiritual, health, and personal development. I want to share and learn from other women, I want to have fun, I want to talk about all the things that are embarrassing and that women of a certain age shouldn't talk about - yea right! I want to dress like a rock star, wear crazy makeup and be totally age INAPPROPRIATE. I want to do what it takes to look and feel energetic and young and I'm not ashamed of that. I'll work out, I'll eat right, I'll take supplements and hormones and I'll get plastic surgery, wear makeup and wear a the sexiest most smokin hot lingerie I can find So tune in if you want to see more - check your assumptions of who a 50 year old woman is at the fucking door - because this is not that blog!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby steps



Today I started seriously thinking for the first time in a very very long time about planning our nursery. As I wrote before this is a big step for me since we lost 2 of our 4 babies in 2nd trimester, we were well into thinking and planning,so now planning is a bit unsettling for me and sad to say does not always bring back the happiest memories for us. But we have been planning to do some other things with the house and I thought I have to start thinking about that baby room sooner or later. So I sat down all afternoon and looked at stuff online. Once I got to looking and started thinking about how close we are to being in the book I started feeling a little better. I feel better to at least have a plan, and I may even buy some fabric.
It is difficult thinking of a good look that is gender neutral, especially for me because believe it or not I love super girly huge bright florals with over stuffed buttony furniture. I would love to do the whole room in Marimeko or in the Liberty stuff we have at Target right now. Brian likes very clean mid-century modern so that makes it easier to do a neutral look and since that is what the rest of our house is I have come up with a couple of looks that I like.
I love the multi color look and the rocking chair in this one is from Ikea which means we can afford it, especially because the crib is rather expensive for us even on sale. Also the print in this one is fabric so I could save a lot by making the bedding. The second look I love with the little owls but I don't think we can afford because the rocker is insanely expensive, the crib is expensive and the bedding is purchased.
Anyway at least I now have ideas to think about. All we really need is a bed side sleeper, a car seat, oh and a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment